Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Another milestone

Well, in two days I'm going to have my bottom right screws out.  I'm trying not to think about it much because I'm scared.  Yes, I'm scared of a little cut after all I went through.  But I was unconscious when it happened last time.  This time I'll be awake.  My hope and prayer is that it will work.  I'm so tired of not having feeling in my tongue, my face.  I'm tired of the pain.  I'm tired of having food on my face or in my teeth and not knowing it.  I just want to feel normal again.  The cold that I've had the last few weeks has been minor torture.  Every time I blow my nose (which runs nonstop), it forces tears out of my tearducts, which in turn makes my eyes red and irritated.  I'm just tired of it all.  And there seems to be no end in sight.  The other night, at my brother in law's birthday, a family friend mentioned that she never got her feeling back after jaw surgery.  Is that going to be me?  Will my face be this way?  I knew that there might be spots, but not half my face and mouth.  I just keep pushing off the thoughts, because if I let myself think about it, I get overwhelmed and depressed.  Well, enough of the depressing words.  Please say a prayer for me and the doctors.  That's all for now.

1 comment:

honeyash said...

the trade-off is still good. numb face, albeit uncrooked, hopefully means lots of confident future smiles. just remember lots of people live with weird things, pains, crooked fingers, a body part that doesn't function, a missing body part... need i go on? this is part of your story, and what makes you you. embrace it!