Thursday, March 11, 2010

EEEK!!!

Just got my bill from the hospital.  My part is only $2,444.10, due by the end of the month!  The total bill before insurance was $19,184.41.  Apparently pharmacy/supplies was $10,214 of that and the surgery itself was only $7,901.  Interesting to me how expensive all that is.  And, interesting how there is absolutely no where on the internet that tells the cost of orthognathic surgery.  I hope I don't get arrested for leaking a secret and posting this on the web!  Its a good thing I have a flexible benefits card and put some money away from my tax return to pay this.  Oh, and I'm about $100 from reaching my maximum out of pocket.  I think I'll reach that with my follow up visits and eye appointment in a couple of months, ha ha! 
As a follow up to Monday, Tuesday was a terrible day for me.  My mouth hurt so bad I couldn't hardly think straight all day and I was in a terrible mood.  Finally, at the end of the day, Jenna suggested Motrin.  Why I hadn't done it sooner, I don't know, except that I just couldn't think straight!  Anyway, each day has gotten a little better, but it still hurts a lot and I can't tell if the Neurontin is working.  Oh well, tomorrow is Friday, TGIF, and I'll have the weekend to catch up, maybe, ha ha!  Paige's birthday is Saturday, so I have birthday hoopla and I want to see my dad and Scott, so I doubt I'll get much rest.
So my dad, he is a walking, talking miracle.  They released him from the hospital this morning.  No in hospital rehab.  Can you believe it?  I was skeptical but Mary says he is doing really well.  I'm amazed by him.  Just amazed. 
And poor Scott, he had a rough day today, ended up back in the ER in so much pain.  I hope all this passes soon for him.
Ok, I have a stack 7 inches tall of papers to grade that I have been carrying around since last week.  I need to get busy.  Later!

1 comment:

Jenna-Marie said...

Whoa, girl, that is a lot of money from the good ol' state health plan. Ha ha ha. Can you imagine what it would cost at a private hospital?

Just keep rotating the nerve meds with the motrin. Hope to see you tonight!