Friday, March 26, 2010

Cuppy cakes!

Sorry I haven't written in a while.  I got caught up in my report card work.  It takes basically a couple of weeks before they are due to get all the assessment data gathered, comments written, etc.  It's a highly stressful time for me (as well as the other teachers, I've heard).  So my family and social life kindof takes a back burner. But now they are all done and I can finally....catch up on all the work that didn't get done while I was working on report cards, haha!  I have piles of laundry, a stinky bunny litter/cage to clean, and more school work to do this weekend, plus a birthday party and visit my dad!  Oh, and of course time with Scott.  We are planning to go to the farmer's market in the morning.  I want some pretty plants to put on my front stoop, and some goat cheese!

So tonight I went over to Jenna's and we made cupcakes for our friend Dawn's birthday tomorrow.  It took us all night, but here are the results!

Jenna was a bit more professional than me.  I had a hard time making the icing walls and some icing kept accidentally getting into my mouth, but all in all they turned out super cute.  Boca was so funny, she kept watching us, unsure of why I was sitting in her dad's seat and not playing with her.  (Boca is Jenna's cat)

So this week was a week of firsts for me, or rather second firsts, ha ha!  I ate pizza and a hamburger!  Of course I had to cut the pizza into small bits and I had to bite off tiny bits of the burger on top, then bottom, but I ate them!  The pizza was for an after school special party thing several teachers and I did for some of our students.  I told them it was the best pizza I have ever had!  I'm doing better as far as the severe nerve pain, but I am still experiencing pain.  I'm also still quite numb.  It's all just so weird to deal with.
I'm avoiding paying my hospital bill, I know I need to pay it soon, it just hurts to pay thousands of dollars at one sitting. 

My dad is doing so much better.  He went to the doctor this week and the doc told him that he was a miracle.  Most of his patients with that kind of stroke have permanent blindness in one eye and permanent balance issues.  So far dad is enjoying his retirement.  He doesn't have cabin fever yet, he has years of relaxing to catch up on!  He can't drive for another couple of weeks, so he doesn't have much of a choice, ha ha!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

The cupcakes look beau-ti-ful. I'm glad that Dad is doing so great and yay for pizza and burgers.