Monday, October 4, 2010

Oh happy day!

Have you ever been so so happy that you cried?  There are very rare moments in my life that that has happened. Today is one of them.
I just got home from having my braces off!!  It was a bit like Chinese water torture, but I didn't mind so much.  My teeth are hyper sensitive now and they went through every sensation as he took off the brackets and buffed off the cement.  At one point I was jumping  out  of my seat from sharp pains, then I was cringing from the sounds like fingernails down a chalkboard, then I was giggling because the vibrations tickled, lol.  In the end, they took molds (with the tiniest molds they had, and I still gagged!) told me to come back in two weeks for my retainers, and sent me on my merry way.  I had the girl take my pic before I left so I could show you!


I looked at the pictures in the camera but it wasn't until I got home and looked in the mirror and saw myself, the me that I last had seen 3 years ago (albeit with less crooked teeth!) that it hit me and that is when I started to cry.  I was overwhelmed with happiness.  It's nearing the end of a journey.  I know my teeth still aren't perfect, but they are better than they were and that's all that matters.
Well, I am going to go see my oral surgeon in a little bit.  I'll probably have to add to this post to let you know how that went!  And of course, my teeth are getting cleaned tomorrow afternoon, so I can't wait to share that with you.  Till next time!

2 comments:

honeyash said...

woo-hoo!! naked teeth! i likes them.

Mom said...

I'm so happy for you. Now you have freedom from the discomforts and aggravation of braces the 2nd time around. Not to mention surgery with them still on. I celebrate with you! Mom