Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Wedding Week

Sorry I haven't written in, well, forever it seems!  As you can imagine, I have been quite busy.  After I got my braces off, it took two weeks to get my retainers.  They are like the invisalign type, kindof annoying, but hey, they keep my teeth straight and keep me from grinding them to a nub in my sleep. I did attempt to whiten them twice, but it was so painful the second time I had to leave work the next day.  My teeth are hypersensitive ever since my surgery.  I should have known better. :(
Anyway, right now I am up early because, well, I don't know why! lol  This morning, Scott and I are going to get our marriage license in downtown Raleigh before work.  That means I have to leave here probably around 7:40 in order to get there by 8:20. 
Last night we had our last dance lesson.  I can see in Scott's eyes that he is worried, he has to lead and he is already nervous to dance in front of people.  We definitely need to practice every chance we get.  Please pray for us on this!
Anyway, this week is going to be insanely busy!  Making last minute phone calls to all the venues, spa, caterer, limo, what else am I forgetting?  I have a special massage this afternoon.  My massage therapist is giving me an extra half hour massage and a facial as a wedding gift!  I certainly am looking forward to that!  I'm getting a pedicure on Thursday.  I'm taking a half day off Wednesday because I simply need more time off to prepare, ack!  Lets see, what else, oh, I have to pay bills, pack, finish writing down all the gifts and people that have given them to us so I can start the thank you notes on the honeymoon, lunch with dad tomorrow, Scott bringing over the remainder of his furniture Thursday, make the favors!  The list goes on and on. 
And then Saturday, I get to marry my best friend.  I still can't believe it.  When we are hanging out watching TV and he gives me a kiss, my mind flashes to "two years ago I would have never imagined being here."  (Sorry for the kiss part, Ashley! lol)  
Saturday, my girlfriends threw me a fun bachelorette party!  We tried to go dancing, like in the olden days, but I think it dawned on me finally (not sure if everyone else had already realized this) but I'm just too old to stay out all night anymore!  But I appreciate all Jenna did to plan it and it was a fun night.  I hope everyone else had fun, too!
Well, enough of the crazy stream-of-consciousness of this blog post.  I must get ready and head downtown!  Wish me luck!  If you're up already and reading this.  Otherwise, hope it went well!  Oh boy, it's too early for me to be up and writing, lol!

No comments: