Monday, August 15, 2011

Out with the old, in with the new

Today I closed on selling my townhouse.  I feel sad, but relieved to not have an extra house payment any more.  Scott and I finally can start to focus on paying off debts and merging our money.  We have enjoyed living in our new house this last month and a half and already it feels like home.  I've got most of everything done, with the exception of finishing the bonus room and getting our new bed, which should be delivered Wednesday.  In honor of my old house, here are some pictures:



Ahh, the memories.  I remember looking for a month to find this place.  Then waiting 9 months for it to finish being built.  I remember the paint party I had the day I closed and all my friends helping me paint, hang blinds, and change out fixtures.  I remember all the parties, recovering from surgery, and building relationships in that house.  It was the first house I ever owned, and I was proud of it.  The mother of the man buying my house apparently appreciated my decorative style and kept commenting on how beautiful it is.  It means so much to know that someone is going to love it as much as I did.