Sunday, September 9, 2012

Light at the end of the tunnel

This weekend we made a lot of progress on the bookshelves and are almost done. 
The finished shelves before painting.
Scott finished sanding everything so yesterday I started painting.  I had to paint back over the back wall where he had calked and then edge the shelves.  That took about 3 hours!  Toward the end, I had to get Scott to finish, my hand was aching so much.  The actual "painting" took no time at all with the roller. But then, I had to go back and repaint some of the back wall where we got shelf paint on it.  It's a never ending cycle of touching up!

Scott finishing the edge work.  Isn't he so good to me?  Notice the window seat.  I will be able to store all of my gift wrapping supplies in there.  I can't wait!

Yes, I know, I missed a spot on the back wall.  When I was painting originally, the speakers were in the way, but you can't really tell anyway with them in place.

Scott cut my craft desk down to the new size.  It is so nice to have my craft desk back!

Now for the hard part.  Being patient and waiting 2 weeks to make sure the paint is good and cured before putting books and stuff on them.  And then, I will be in organization heaven!  I can't wait!  But I have to.  Oh the torture!

1 comment:

honeyash said...

so did you actually wait 2 weeks?