Thursday, October 3, 2013

Moving forward

Sooo...Scott and I have decided to adopt.  An embryo.  We got put on the waiting list almost immediately after the IVF didn't work.  Scott and I figured we had at least till the end of the year since we were number 10 on the list.  We started planning our trip to Europe.  We were beginning to heal from the disappointment, although I still can't bring myself to go to a baby shower.  Then, a few weeks ago, I got an email saying that there were some embryos available for us.  We couldn't believe it had had happened seemingly so quickly!  After some praying and talking with family and close friends, we decided to go forward with adopting the embryos.  We will get two.  So, first we have to do all of this preliminary stuff to make sure we are fit physically and mentally.  Today we passed the first test, we aren't crazy! lol  Next week we go for me to have bloodwork, meet with the doctor again, and take the class to learn about the process and all of the fun shots I get to do this time (as well as pay our money for the process). 
I am cautiously optimistic, cautiously excited, and nervous at the same time.  I don't know what will happen, but the doctor feels pretty confident that I am a good candidate for this.  We will do the transfers and all when get back from Europe.  Let's all hope and pray this works!

No comments: