Monday, October 21, 2013

Packing

So Scott and I decided to travel like we did in the old days and only take a carry on suitcase and personal item.  We wanted convertible backpacks with wheels.  The one I got, the Osprey Ozone Convertible 22"/50L, looked great on the website.  I ordered it, and then soon realized how really small that was.  The 50L isn't just the size of the large backpack, it's the size of the large backpack and removable day pack.  I did a lot of research online about how to pack so lightly for 17 days.  I picked out coordinating tops and pants that I could mix and match.  I tried to pack it all.  It was too much.  Bit by bit, I had to remove pieces of clothing and made several sacrifices.  For instance, I'm going to have to wear my socks twice.  I also had to take out my dress because the shoes were just too big, even though I got the smallest flats I could find.  And I had to switch my extra bag to a thin nylon bag that hopefully will hold up!  But in the end, I got it all in! 
Here is my suitcase with everything in it, my toiletry bag is to the left, extra day bag/purse, hat, and even my pink bunny slippers.  Scarves are rolled up and line the sides.

I removed the top layer and you can see two packing cubes and one of my sweaters.  The blue packing cube holds my shirts, the red one holds undies.  The black one holds socks. 

And here it is, all zipped up and ready to go.


I'm pretty proud of myself!  I don't know how I did it, but I did.  Here is my packing list:
  • 2 pair of pants, plus the jeans I'll be wearing
  • 3 tank/camis
  • 1 tee shirt (I'll be wearing) to use as a pj tee shirt, too
  • 3 blouses
  • 2 sweaters
  • undies and socks
  • 2 belts
  • 1 pair of pink bunny slippers
  • 1 pair of pj shorts
  • 2 scarves, 1 hat, 1 pair of gloves
  • 1 extra bag for souvenirs
  • 2 wine diapers
  • plug adapters
In my "personal item" bag:
  • electronic stuff
  • puzzle book
  • copies of tickets and hotel confirmations
  • medicines
  • liquids bag
  • money, passport, etc
  • snack food
That's it for 17 days!   Think I'll survive? lol

2 comments:

honeyash said...

wish i had seen this post before i packed for minnesota!! signed, tendinitis ;)

Jenna-Marie said...

You are insane. For 17 days? Three pair of pants? You WILL do laundry right?