Miracle upon miracles, my insurance finally approved me!!
Thursday night I got home late from a school function and checked my mail. In it was the standard letter from my insurance. I thought, here we go, another rejection letter. So I took my time, came in the house, settled down, and finally opened it. I started reading and about halfway down it said that based on the review of the evidence, they decided to approve my surgery. I was so shocked and afraid that I had read it wrong, that I reread it several times to make sure. Turns out, the letter that my dentist sent was the thing that pushed them to finally agree. According to the letter from the insurance they had my mouth opening at 35 mm, but my dentist said 29, which is less than the 30 required. I measured my mouth several times on my own to make sure, and yes, its 29. I couldn't believe that someone else had made such a huge error! Anyway, I'm just so relieved and excited that I can finally move on with my life. I emailed the oral surgeon and they said to call the patient rep lady on Monday to schedule my surgery. I am hoping I can have it in January when I'm tracked out. That way I only have to miss a week of school.
1 comment:
hallelujah!
Post a Comment