Saturday, May 15, 2010

End of Vacation

My vacation is officially over now.  But I had a great break, I can't complain.  The last time I was on break I was recovering from my surgery, no fun there.  As you can probably imagine, my house was in dire need of cleaning, since I have no time to clean when I'm teaching and I hadn't done so since my track out before the last one.  So I did a major house cleaning, organizing, purge.  My second bedroom was full of stuff I wanted to get rid of.  My dining room table also was full of stuff.  I had a yard sale last Saturday.  It was a minor success, and I got rid of everything but a bookshelf.  I've posted it on Craigslist but no bites yet. 
Other stuff I did was update my living room.  Scott and I went to Charlotte to the Ikea store and I bought a coffee table and end tables.  I later bought a little tic-tac-toe shelf and now my living room looks so cute.  I just need to get rid of my old tv and get a flat screen and...yeah, that's just a dream for now.  I'm still paying hospital bills, ha ha!
I was busy almost every day taking care of doctor/dentist visits, oil changed, hair cut, pedicure, "doing lunch", and other errands.  Oh, and a crazy birthday celebration for my friend Heather, won't get into that, ha ha!
So Thursday afternoon and Friday day I moved into my new classroom, and was able to leave by 4:15.  It felt great to not have to stay late on a track in day for once.  The biggest anxiety I have right now is wondering what grade/track I will be on next school year.  I can't make any plans past the end of June because I have no idea whats happening.  I'd like to go to Haiti in July and do teacher workshops.  I have also been invited to be in a parade in Bainet there.  And my mom and sister are going to Michigan in August, which I'd like to go to as well.  But with our school board changing everything in the county and the economy killing the budgets, everything is up in the air and constantly changing.  I'm hoping I hear something soon!
Here are some pics from Mother's day.  Enjoy!
This is Paige wearing my hat.  She looked so cute in it!


Me, mom, and Ashley posing together.

2 comments:

Jenna-Marie said...

I thought you were going to post pictures from your living room?

honeyash said...

why yes, i can imagine your house needed cleaning. oh, and wah :)