So after my bracket popped off again, my tooth decided to continue moving, and it hurt. So I emailed my orthodontist pleading my case. He told me that he didn't want me in pain, so come in the next day. This time, he only put the wire through one clamp on the bracket and so far it has held. I went back to UNC on Friday to see my oral surgeon. He feels that changing the wire will help and wanted to keep me on the Neurontin. So far, I don't see any change in the pain in my lower jaw. Last night I went to brush my teeth and it still hurt just as bad, and biting is nearly torturous. I really hope I don't have to live the rest of my life like this. Meanwhile, my sinuses are running like a leaky faucet. I had switched to Claritin but I'm not thinking that it's working. I am contemplating seeing an ENT/allergist and find out what they think is going on. Is it sinuses being messed up and hypersensitive or is it allergies legitimately getting worse as I'm getting older?
In other news, this weekend was busy and fun. Went to see a comedian Friday night, went to a street festival Saturday morning, and went to see "Wicked" and have dinner with girlfriends Saturday afternoon/evening. I really enjoyed the show. We were way up in the nosebleed section but it really wasn't as bad as everyone feared it would be.
And then dinner was yummy, although a bit scary trying to get there, ha ha! Jenna couldn't get her GPS to work and we were driving through downtown Durham...need I say more?

1 comment:
so all you have to do is whine to your ortho to get some action? easy enough :) i wasn't scared in durham... should i have been? ignorance is bliss :)
Post a Comment