So today it has been officially 90 days (3 months) since my surgery. I had my teeth cleaned this morning and my dentist was so excited to see the results. He also assured me that he felt I would get my feeling back and that the lingual nerve (the nerve that the screw is possibly pressing on) will also heal. Last night I realized that one of my brackets on the bottom was loose, so I had to run back by my orthodontist's office for him to put a new one on. That bottom tooth is so stubborn, it was already trying to go back behind the two teeth on either side of it. 3 years of braces and that tooth wants to go back to it's old ways, sigh...
I can't get over how clean my teeth feel! The hygienist had to work a long time to get all the buildup off, especially where the surgical hooks had been. There were a few shockingly painful moments, but she was careful and as gentle as could be. And...no cavities! Yay!
I took some pictures of how I look today. Perhaps I should put a before and after up? Sure, why not!
So...what do you guys think? Can you see a difference? I think it's a major improvement!
2 comments:
wow! so cool. tell that ornery tooth to stay in its place or mama ashley will come spank it and put it in bed 16 times. woops, sorry, got it confused with paige for a second.
Yep, and now the bracket popped off of it again!
Post a Comment