Thursday, July 29, 2010

Busy day, busy times

Life is a whirlwind right now.  Funny to think a month or two ago I felt like life was standing still.  Most of the stuff for the wedding is all planned and arranged now.  I'm about to track out (tomorrow, yay!) and I'm basically spending the whole time working on wedding stuff, going places, doing things.  I think I might have one free day where I don't have to do anything, ha ha!  But I'm not complaining, it's all fun.
Today is picture day at school.  I was looking in the mirror trying to practice my smile.  I decided it's no use.  I still have braces, my cheeks are still chubby.  Another year of school pictures with me looking horrid.  I had a nightmare last night about my braces.  I dreamed that my orthodontist said he didn't know when my braces were coming off.  He told me I might have to wear them forever.  That's how I feel right now.  Like they are never coming off.  I'm so sick of wearing them.
My friend Jenna just had her wisdom teeth taken out on Monday.  She is all swollen and in pain.  I feel so bad for her, and definitely can relate.  I hope she feels better soon.
Tonight is Open House.  Its crazy, but they planned open house the day before I track out.  So my room is going to look bare.  No pretty artwork or projects on the walls.  Desks will be mostly cleaned out, so parents can't see what it looks like.  I just hope they are understanding, that's the way it goes in year-round school.
Last weekend, Scott and I painted, repaired, wired, and cleaned his house.  He got his carpets cleaned on Monday.  This weekend we will finish painting and cleaning.  It's really coming together, but it sure is a lot of hard work.  I still have paint on my feet that I can't seem to get off.
But this weekend won't be all work and no play.  Saturday night, my girlfriends and I are going to see Barenaked Ladies!  I can't wait, it's going to be so much fun.  We're going to park at the NCAE building, walk over to The Pit for dinner, then walk to the ampitheater.  I just hope that it's not too hot and it doesn't rain.
Well, that's all for now, I have to get to school and take my terrible picture.   :)

No comments: