Monday, June 13, 2011

It's the little things

Today was a pretty good day.  It was field day, so the kids were super hyper, but it was gorgeous out and we had fun just playing and having fun.  I did get a little too much sun on my chest and arms, oops, forgot sunscreen!  After work, I was toiling away with work when I got a call from my sis.  I forgot I told her I'd watch the kids tonight.  So I hopped on out of there and went to hang with my niece and nephew.  It was so much fun to hang out with them, I almost forgot about the stress of work and life.  They were playing in the hammock, taking turns pretending to be spiders and bugs, catching each other in the web (hammock) sucking the bug's brains out.  Watching them made me a bit nostalgic for my innocent and carefree days. 
Well, from this point on, it's report card/end of year paperwork time.  I have a very busy weekend coming up and I am going to have to use every spare moment to work on report cards.  But, the light at the end of the tunnel brings my new house with it.  In 2 weeks and a few days we'll be closing and moving in! 

No comments: