Sunday, June 5, 2011

Nice Sunday

Today is a beautiful day.  Scott and I went to the farmers market to get some meat and veggies and I found a new goat cheese guy (the old guy is gone for a while since he's going through a divorce).  The new guy was very nice, gave generous helpings of everything to taste.  I had to get a soda just to wash down the cheese!  We also picked up a chive plant and some bread from La Farme. 
We got some interesting news this week.  It seems that HGTV has picked our house to appear on House Hunters as one of the three choices for the buyers.  We don't have the contract or anything yet, but supposedly they will film either the 13th or 14th of this month.  So exciting! And I feel honored that they liked my house enough to be one of the choices.  But at the same time, I went into panic mode, three of our closets were jam packed with stuff!  So, once again, Scott's dad came to the rescue and let us borrow his van so we could empty out the rest of our "junk" and be film worthy.  And of course, we took it all over to my sister's garage to join the rest of our stuff. 
This week at work is going to be just awful, to be blunt.  Its end of grade testing time and for us lower grade classes that means being extra quiet in our rooms for about 3 hours in the morning.  We also have no breaks until lunch.  That in itself is no fun, but on Friday a couple of third grade teachers asked me to switch rooms for testing because their air conditioning has been out and the kids can't focus on the test in the heat.  I understand that them doing well on the test is the most important thing.  But I dread being stuck in a 90+ degree room for 3 hours with hot and whiney kids who won't feel like doing any of the assessments I was planning on doing, lol!  And who would want to?  Maybe I'll take my spray bottle and spray them down every half hour.  Poor guys.
T minus 25 days till we close on our new house, woo hoo!  That also means 25 days left in the school year and 17 days till I have to have report cards done.  Busy month!

1 comment:

honeyash said...

seriously?? you cannot be serious that they would make you and kids be in those rooms in that heat. that is sick.