Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Why I do my job

Today, after doing a running record on a little boy, I told him how proud I was of him and how well he did.  I pointed out the things he did right and how he was showing that he was thinking about what he read.  He was so cute and proud of himself and happily went off to do his work.  After about 10 minutes, he came back to me and held in his hand this letter:
It was so sweet and thoughtful, rarely do kids ever acknowledge things like this.  Now I know his spelling and conventions need work, but I wouldn't change this letter for the world.  
Funny that just a couple of hours earlier in a staff meeting, I was thinking that I was so frustrated with my job that I wished I could quit.  (I won't get into why...) Maybe this was what I needed to remind me of why I do what I do.  That's all I have to say.

1 comment:

honeyash said...

so very very awesome. and a kid with a grateful heart, should make a mamma proud! (or teacher)