Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Car update

Well, today I received the sad news that my car is totalled.  The adjuster initially looked at it and thought it was repairable.  But when he popped the trunk, he saw the floorboard was crumpled up and upon further inspection saw that the frame was crushed. 
I am so, so sad.  I have loved this car, my first "new" car.  It has been fun to drive and reliable for almost 6 years.  It only had 60, 618 miles on it and was in excellent condition.  The insurance company is going to give me $11, 483 for it.  Tonight, Scott and I are going to start looking for a new car. 
I don't want another used Civic, that's why I got my car new to begin with.  I'd rather know the maintenance that has been kept and how long it should last before an issue (I've had too many used cars to even want to deal with that again).  So, to be practical like a hopeful mom-to-be, I am going to get a 4 door small SUV type.  (I hate sedans and loathe mini-vans, but still want as much fuel efficiency as I can)
The other very sad part for me is that whatever I get most likely won't have 5-speed manual available.  I think I'll miss that most of all.  I may actually have to drive Scott's car just to get my manual fix (argh!). 
So, my cute little Honda Civic LX 5 speed manual fun to drive car, I'll miss you.  RIP.
The only picture I could find of my car! So sad.

1 comment:

honeyash said...

with a happy, snowy lid :) yes, tell scott to keep his 5-speed so we can all get a fix once in a while. i had the same issue when i got the crv but it fades with time, and you'll eventually stop missing it after a year or so ;)