Saturday, January 30, 2010

Friday /Saturday (Post-op Day 3&4)

Well, after posting yesterday morning, I was pretty worn out.  It is amazing how quickly the little things wear you out.  My days have quickly become a regime of taking meds, trying to eat, and resting.  If I skip any pain meds at all, the pain  becomes excruciating.  I can tell when its time to take more meds  because my face starts to stiffen up and ache again.  I have to eat with the medicine, but it is so hard, takes so much energy and effort.  But if I don't eat, my tummy hurts.  Everything that I used to take for granted is just hard work now.  My face feels so tight that it feels like it might pop off, lol!  I have a picture I can post from yesterday, but it is just so awful.  I'm going to get another one for today.  I took a shower this morning and almost passed out.  I also felt like I was going to throw up, which would not have been pleasant.  So now I am laying back in bed, trying to relax and not get worked up again.  Food is coming at 11:00, cream of wheat.  That will be an adventure.  Imagine trying to feed a baby some baby food but the baby can't move her mouth or lips to suck it down.  It just sits there.  Last night I had some chicken noodle noodles stuck in my mouth for who knows how long.  I discovered them when I went to brush my teeth.  Eww!  It's because the whole right side of my face, including my tongue and inside of my mouth, is still numb.  Anyway, perhaps this evening I'll post some more pics.  For now, that is all.

No comments: