Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday (Post-op day 5)

Oh, boy, another rough day.  The pain was becoming unbearable by mid-day and the anti-nausea meds weren't working.  So I broke down and asked mom to call UNC for me.  The doctors prescribed me something stronger than the Hydrocodine, Tramadol.  She said to continue taking the Hydrocodine and add in the Tramadol.  And she gave me a stronger prescription for nausea.  Mom had to call several neighbors till she found one with 4-wheel drive that could go out and get the medicine.  The streets out here are still not plowed and are pretty treacherous.  Anyway, the new drugs seem to be helping a little more than the old ones, so far.  I hope it will stay this way.  In the midst of all my agony, my sister called to tell us my 3 year old niece was in a sledding accident which caused her to knock a hole in her forehead (2 stitches) and break her right leg.  Poor baby!
Here are today's pictures.  My bruises are starting to turn a nice shade of mustard yellow.  That's a good sign, right?
I'm not looking so happy in this picture because I didn't have my drugs yet.  Plus, it's hard to smile with my puffy face and lips.

2 comments:

cbrown3802 said...

Marlo, I am glad you are hanging in there. With your face swollen, you look like Grandma Sarah. :-) It may not be so now, but it will all be worth it in about 6 weeks.

Are you saying that Ashley's baby girl got hurt? Or another niece? If it is Ashley's baby, let me know--maybe on FB. Oh my goodness! I will remember both of you in my prayers!

Carolyn (the renegade sister in Wilmington)

honeyash said...

marlo, other than the miserable look in your eyes, you look like yourself from the nose up, i think you're making progress!!