Well, in one week I'll be having my long awaited surgery. This past weekend I went with a friend to stock up on some post surgery items. I got lots of frozen berries, some acai/blueberry juice, Carnation instant breakfast, soups, a new blender, and a wedge pillow. Next weekend, I'll probably have to go get foods like yogurt and peanut butter (for protein) and stuff like that. I have my pre-op appointment this Thursday, finally, and I'll find out all the details, I hope, then.
Saturday night I had one of my "last meals" at the Outback with friends. It was nice, but I ate too much, ha ha! It's a good thing I'll be on a liquid diet, I could stand to loose a few pounds.
I'm still waiting to hear from friends and family in Haiti. I did hear that the house in Zoranger where our host family lives (and where I stayed when I was the only "blanc") has collapsed. We didn't hear that anyone was hurt, but I am waiting for confirmation that everyone was safe. Elade and Louis have made their way to Haiti and we were supposed to hear word tonight, once they hopefully reached Zoranger. I just have to wait and trust God that everyone is ok.
Here is a picture of the house that fell, along with some of our Haitian family and friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment