Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What a day

Today has been a rough day.  Started out yesterday with a massive migrane that wouldn't go away till this morning.  At the same time I can't sleep because I'm so worried about my friends in Haiti.  I had to go into work early to drop off sub plans and by the time I was ready to go to the orthodontist, I was about to freak out.  I finally heard from a friend who told me that she heard that some of our friends were ok.  I went into the orthodontist all bleary eyed from crying.  They put my surgical hooks on.  Here is a picture:

 

 So far, they are not fun.  They look small, but they feel huge!  Cutting into my lips. :(
Anyway, my orthodontist told me that he met with my oral surgeon and they discussed what they were going to do to me.  He said my surgery is going to be complicated because its such a severe case, but he feels good about it.  He also told me that they are going to cut my upper palate and widen my teeth.  He didn't want to tell me too much, so I guess I'll find out more details at my pre-op appointment.  I was not expecting this news, so I'm a bit nervous. 
I finally heard from some of my friends in Haiti and I think most people are ok.  But things are really really bad there.  Please pray for everyone in Haiti right now.







No comments: