Ok, now we're up to yesterday. I went to see Dr. Blakey again. He showed me how he wants my rubber bands to go. This is going to basically retrain my muscles in how to move my mouth. It is really hard to get in there, though, and put those bands on. I have to go all the way back and make a big box on one side, and a parallelogram on the other. My face is still numb and I'm still in a lot of pain, but Dr. Blakey said I was ready to go home. I was discharged, finally got that icky IV out of my hand, and left the hospital around 3:30. Ashley and mom helped me get back to the house and settled in. I did have to go get my prescriptions filled, that was embarrassing to go out in public looking this way.
I finally got to take a shower! All pride aside, I let my sister help me wash my hair. Then they blended up some Spaghettios for my dinner, yum! I had to figure out my medicine regime. I am supposed to take certain drugs at certain times, some with food. So its a bit complicated. And if I wait too long for the painkillers, I am quickly sorry. I woke up around 3:30 this morning in agony. I had to call mom on her house phone to bring me some food to take with my Hydrocodone. I think I'm going to ask her to just wake up tonight at 3 and do it automatically so I won't have to suffer like I did. One cool thing is this morning I am starting to get some feeling back in my right cheek. It's back toward my ear moving into the center of my face. But my nose and lip and center part are still numb as can be.
Ok, one more pic from yesterday. This blog took a lot out of me to write, so I think I'm done for now. Thank you to everyone for your prayers and texts and emails! Please continue to pray for me, I need it!
2 comments:
mom getting up at 3 is a good idea. love the chipmunk cheeks! if you weren't already getting feeling back in them, i'd come over and squeeze 'em :)
Feel better soon - hang in there you are a trooper!
Post a Comment