Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 16

I apologize again for not writing in a few days.  On Monday, I moved back home.  It was a long day.  Mom called the doctor and asked for a new prescription of Hydrocodone since I was about to run out and I'm still dealing with pain.  We ran a few errands around town and then went back to the house to rest up a bit before moving me.  Finally, around 4:30 we packed up all my stuff and headed to my house.  Mom stayed a little bit and helped me unpack and fixed me one last meal.  I took a shower and was totally wiped.  Its amazing to me how little energy I have, one of the reasons for being so down.  When mom left, I felt kindof sad and a little scared.  Its been nice to have someone taking care of me and mom did a wonderful job.  She told me later that she also felt sad that night and a little lonely. 
The next day, Tuesday, I spent the whole day in bed and trying to eat.  I know I need to eat as much as I can to get energy to do things.  Scott came over that evening and brought some potato soup from O'Charlies.  We ended up watching "The Great Outdoors" and not doing much of anything else.  But it was nice to have company.
Wednesday, yesterday, was another big day.  I had to go into work to track in.  I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to do it.  Joe came and got me around 11:30 and when I got to work everyone seemed surprised to see me.  Ashley got there around 2:30 and helped me get my room ready.  I think she has a better idea of what I have to go through to track in every time, ha ha!  She was moving furniture, sharpening pencils, cutting contact paper, putting nametags everywhere, moving files out of my file cabinet so she could put my file cabinet on a new dolley, then returned all the files and pushing the file cabinet down the hall.  She is an awesome sister to take time off work to help me!  After school, my coworker Beth Ramsey helped me with my sub plans.  I honestly couldn't have tracked in without all the help that everyone gave me and I am forever grateful.  I didn't get out of school till 7:00, I couldn't believe I hadn't passed out already.  God is good, He gave me the strength to get through the day.
Last night I woke up around 4:30, then again around 6:30 and couldn't get back to sleep.  I never can sleep through the night any more because I wake up in pain.  Its impossible for me to get a good rest on my back, too.  I can't wait till the doctor says I can sleep on my face again. 
I've been having a lot of pain the last couple of days.  I think some of my nerves are healing so it makes my lips feel like they are on fire!  Any touch is searing pain where the nerves are healing.  My face is sensitive to touch and the inside of my lips hurt if I brush them against my braces.  I wonder how long this will last?
Ashley called this morning and asked me what I was going to do with all this time off.  I plan to build up my energy again but also rest as much as possible.  I don't know when I'll be ready to go out with friends again, especially if it involves food.  That is just torture and it is only getting worse, ha ha!

No comments: