Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 27

I went back to UNC today to see my doctors.  They seem very pleased with my progress.  I did tell them about my pain and they have put me back on Ultram (Tramadol) which is what I took before.  I couldn't remember the name of it while I was there so I didn't tell them that I took it before and it did nothing for me.  My Dr. also said that I may or may not be getting my splint off in 2 weeks, depending on if I'm still feeling pain.  That was discouraging.  So I left and called mom and told her and she told me that Ultram is Tramadol, which is what I took before.  I decided I would give it one more try.  Perhaps it didn't work before on my post surgery pain, but it will work on my nerve pain.  I'm supposed to call them on Friday and let them know how I'm feeling, either way.  At least I don't have to pay for more drugs, I already had it, ha ha!
I also got my doctor to print out my xrays from before and after.  They aren't the best quality because it's on regular paper.  But here they are!
 
This is my full skull before.  Notice the left side is going up and the plane isn't flat.

And this is after.  Doesn't my face look smaller from top to bottom?  Notice the flat plane.  You can also see the screws in my bottom jaw very well.

This is the side view before.  It looks like I have two rows of top teeth because one side is higher than the other.

Side view after.  Notice only one row of teeth on top.  My chin is forward several millimeters and my nose is up a little.  You can see the plates and screws in my jaws very well.

This is a panoramic of my teeth before.  You can see that the left side (but on the right in the picture) goes up higher.
 

And this is the panoramic after.  My teeth are appropriately leveled out.  You can see all the screws and plates really well here.  They say I won't feel them, but I'm too swollen to test that out yet. 

All in all, I'm very pleased with how it turned out.  I just need to figure this nerve pain thing out.

No comments: