Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 25

I went and got a haircut yesterday.  I was hoping it would help me feel better about my still puffy looks.  Here is a pic:
 
I just don't look like myself.  Mom and I had a funny conversation.  She said I'm starting to look more normal, I thought she meant this was how I looked before, I said thanks a lot, she said no, no, I mean you are looking more normal than before.  After some more round about back and forth we finally were on the same page, ha ha!  
I got my first bill and an insurance statement telling me approximately what my next bill was going to be today.  The dental school sent me a bill for $547 for 4 x-rays that were done before and after surgery.  It looks like they didn't even file with insurance.  I almost had a heart attack!  I'm going to take the bill with me to my appointment on Monday and see why it wasn't billed to insurance.  The next piece of mail I got was from my insurance telling what they paid for the surgery and what I will probably owe, $804.  This, I'm assuming, doesn't include the hospital bill or other charges that they can come up with.  Oh, thank goodness for insurance, tax returns and health spending accounts...The total cost of my surgery was $3401.  Just the surgery.  Sigh...
Still feeling pain in my chin, its radiating to my teeth now.  Imagine cold air on sensitive teeth.  That's how it feels, even with my mouth closed.  Strangely, I'm getting more feeling in my face on that side.  Nerves are so weird.  Anyway, I'm discovering that the pain is intensely worse at night, starting about the time the sun goes down.  I'm guessing that it may have to do with the temperature dropping.  (even though I'm usually inside at night)  Last night I took Tylenol PM in hopes that it would help me fall asleep.  It still took an hour of tossing and turning before I finally fell asleep.  Maybe after being on all that codene, my body has built up a resistance to drugs?
I went out with Scott on an actual date last night.  We went to Red Robin and I got the fish and chips.  The fish was so easy to eat because it's flaky and it was yum!  We were very late to the movie, though, so I snuck some of my fries in my purse cause I eat so slow.  We went to see Valentine's Day.  "WHAT?" you say.  "You went voluntarily to see a chick flick?"  Yes, yes I did.  I was in the mood for light hearted cheesiness.  Scott was a trooper, even considering that we were surrounded by teenage girls who were texting throughout the movie and making dirty comments about every hot guy that came onto the screen.  It was a cute movie, though.  When we were walking out, I told Scott, "Well, you survived a chick flick."  This girl walking in front of us turned around and was laughing.  Then I said, "Well, I survived a chick flick, too!"  Oh well. 

1 comment:

Dawn said...

The haircut looks really cute and you look like you are healing very well. =) Hang in there!!