So, as I have said before, I have been experiencing a lot of pain. Yesterday, I just knew that this wasn't normal. I wasn't supposed to be feeling anything, actually. So I called my doctor and told him about all that I've been feeling. He said that it was highly unusual that I am feeling anything and it means that my nerves are starting to fire up and heal already. Most people don't feel this because they are completely numb due to nerve damage for up to 6 months. For some reason, my nerves weren't that damaged so they are healing already, even though I am still numb. Weird. He said it is a mixed blessing because it is good that my nerves are healing so quickly, but bad in that I am feeling it. I told him that I wake up several times a night and haven't slept well in weeks. So he told me to go back to rotating the ibuprofen and Hydrocodone every 3 hours and before bed, take 2 Hydrocodone pills and the ibuprofen at the same time. So last night I did, and guess what! I slept till 6:30! Then I fell back asleep and slept till 8:30! It was WONDERFUL! I haven't slept that well in so long. I am a goof though, cause I forgot to ask him how long I would be feeling this pain...
Oh well. My next appointment is the 22nd. If I am still hurting then, I will ask him. I am hoping I won't be, because that is the week I'm supposed to go back to work.
I am slowly getting my energy back. Ashley came and got me yesterday afternoon to pick up more drugs and a few grocery items. She has just picked up Paige from preschool so it was funny that Ashley had to cart around two handicapped "children". When we got to Harris Teeter, she parked in the expectant mother spot because she had 2 handicapped children and didn't want to have to walk as far. Paige was too cute, I think she likes shopping at the grocery store. She knows that she gets a cookie so she was saying "I want a cookie" over and over. Then she would randomly say "Harris Teeter!" and grin sheepishly. She is still acting a little funny around me, I guess I still don't look like the same Aunt Marlo.
I decided to experiment based on some things I saw other people had tried (reading on the internet). I got some mac n' cheese and some egg salad. They say if you blend up the mac n'cheese, it's pretty good. And the egg salad is already mushy so its easy to eat and I'll get protein. Just don't know how much of it I can eat with no bread, ha ha!
Driving home was funny, it was cold out and Ashley forgot to get Paige's coat. Paige was saying "Brrr!" and shivering and being all dramatic, then smiling. Then she said, "Mommy, I want to take off my big bandage now." (meaning her cast on her leg) Ashley told her she could take it off when she was walking really good on it. Paige said she was walking, to the potty at nap time. Ashley said she had to be walking all the time. Then Paige paused and said "Aww" like she realized she couldn't argue with that and she was stuck wearing it. It was hilarious. Anyway, when we got home, Ashley made me some mac n' cheese. I didn't want her to blend it because I was worried it would be like mush, so I asked her to try to chop up the noodles with a knife and then add the sauce. Poor thing, she said it was hard because the noodles kept rolling. When I came downstairs, there were noodles all over the counter and floor, ha ha! Anyway, unfortunately it wasn't chopped up enough so I ended up blending it a little bit. But only enough to make tiny pieces. That worked wonderfully! So we'll see how the leftovers go today.
Valentine's Day is coming up on Sunday, perfect timing...
I wish I felt well enough to go out somewhere, but I'm not sure if I would last long. So Scott is going to make some beef goulash and blend it up for me. He's so sweet, trying to think of something we both can enjoy. It will be something nice to look forward to.
3 comments:
of course you're healing... we've covered you in prayer, how could you not? praise GOD :)
i would break handicap parking laws for you and paige any day. and sorry about the mess in your kitchen... didn't you know joe can't stand it when i cook? he just shakes his head and has to leave the room. at least the end result is dinner!
Um. . . why didn't you gals use the pampered chef chopper? It would have chopped up those noodles in no time flat!
:)
Post a Comment