Friday, February 26, 2010

Fuzzy slippers and crying children

Well, I survived my first two days back.  I am exhausted. 
Yesterday I dragged myself out of bed and got ready for work.  I packed lots of water and different foods to eat.  I hopped in my car with all my stuff and was driving past Apex Elem. in the snow flurries when I realized how toasty warm my feet were when my car hadn't heated up yet.  I looked down and saw to my surprise that I still had on my fuzzy slippers.  Argh!  The kids were ok, but I was so tired and had tons of papers to go through
that I went straight home and worked on that all night.
I didn't eat enough today, it takes so long to eat that lunch was over and I wasn't even halfway done trying to eat my soup!  One of my students decided to start crying this afternoon at recess and cried all the way to the bus.  I stayed at work till almost 7 planning for next week. 
This Sunday is my nephew's birthday, so we had the family dinner/celebration tonight.  He got tons of gifts, happy as can be.  When my sister put the candles on the cake (which mom made, chocolate icing on chocolate cake), I told him there were too many.  He counted them and said, "No, Aunt Marlo, there's 7, that's right."  I told him that was wrong.  He counted again.  I told him that he wasn't allowed to get older, so there were too many.  He then understood and said, "Nope, I'm turning 7.  Nothing you can do about it."  You see, I've been telling him for some time now that he can't get older, he can't loose a tooth, he can't go to first grade, because I don't want him to get older.  He just argues with me and basically tells me there's nothing I can do about it.
Ok, I'm too tired to write any more.  Except that my doctor apparently called and left a message today to see how I'm doing and told me that he and my actual doctor discussed it and decided I don't have to wear the bands any more, to see if that helps the pain. 

1 comment:

Jenna-Marie said...

I'm sorry you're tired - but I know that you knew to expect that. I am happy your doctor's decided for you not to wear the bands - I hope that helps, too!