Well, I can hardly believe that one week ago today I had my surgery. Thank goodness this week has gone by quickly. I woke up again today around 3:30 in pain. Why does it always have to be 3:30? ha ha! This morning was a rough start, but once I got up and got some food and meds in me I started feeling better.
(WARNING: Skip this next sentence if you have a weak stomach) When I got out of the shower, all the steam had loosened some bloody mucous which all started coming out as I was drying my hair. EWW!
After resting a little bit (the shower made me a little woozy), mom and I took a field trip to my house! We brought my meds and mom brought some leftover soup in a pot and we headed out. Pretty quickly, the cold air started killing my mouth. It was awful. But once I was in my house it felt better. There was ice all over the parking lot and on my stoop so we had to be very careful not to fall. Anyway, I checked my mail, paid some bills, and did my taxes while mom went over to visit Ashley and Paige for a short bit.
Driving home, my mouth started hurting again. I went ahead and took one of the stronger pain pills when we got back. Then I had visitors galore! My friend Jenna came over and brought me a frappacino. I was glad to visit with her. Then my sister and niece came over for a brief surprise visit. I think I scared Paige because Ashley put her on my lap and she wouldn't look at me. But she talked with me and was sweet as can be. After they left, Scott came to visit me. He had traveled over an hour to get here in rush hour traffic. I let him see my face, but I was still embarrassed. I'm glad he came, though.
Now, I'm pooped, ha ha! Dinner is soon and hopefully a restful night. Here are the latest pics. Everyone who saw me today seems to think I'm looking better, more like myself. Here is my attempt to smile.
2 comments:
3:30 is when babies wake up to eat. it's payback, honey :)
by the way, i almost tossed my cookies when i read your 2nd paragraph >snicker, snicker< ... just kidding :)
Post a Comment